Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Play With Your Food and Friends at Food Buzz

I found a fun new online food site called Food Buzz.

I stumbled on Food Buzz when I Googled my name. Lord yes, I must be vain. They had found my Barbecue Master blog and had it on a news feed. That was a nice surprise. I never know where I might show up online.

The site must be really new as it still has "beta" up at the top.

The idea, from the best I can gather, is that this is a place for foodies of all types to hang out. There are barbecue and grill types but also every other type of food you can imagine. In addition, they have restaurant reviews by state with members giving ratings and overviews.

When you sign up, you can fill out a profile page. That includes a photo and quote and some details depending on what you feel comfortable sharing.

Then you can share reviews, recipes, photos and news.

Food Buzz is a community site, so you can add friends and rate and add feeds from other members. All your activities are listed like on some of the networking spaces like My Space.

I must confess that I don't have it all figured out just yet. There are a lot of options, and I've never played at a social networking site. I am enjoying adding some information and ideas and seeing what everyone is buzzing about as far as food and cooking.

If you're a foodie, check out Food Buzz. You'll find lots of people with common interests and get loads of new information and ideas. You can just look around or join up and join in the fun.

No comments: